What To Expect
The professional and friendly team at the Mercury Bay Medical Centre aim to provide the best possible health care for you and your family. We will work in partnership with you to achieve this.
Flu Vaccines are available from the 1st of April annually (in line with the new process) – please phone to make an appointment.
Our Medical Team
Our doctors are all members of the Royal New Zealand College of General Practice, a body that represents a commitment to the maintenance of high professional standards and up to date medical skills in all aspects of general practice.
Our nurses are highly skilled and experienced and are committed to the maintenance of high professional standards and up to date medical skills including resuscitation and suturing.
Consultation And Medical Appointment Options
We offer a range of consultation types via appointment to our enrolled population.
- Doctor or nurse face to face 15 min
- Doctor virtual – short telephone consultation
- Doctor email (manage my health only) brief single problem email consultation
- Laboratory services – Available weekdays before 2.30pm. Not weekends or public holidays
Accident and Emergency Care And Triage
For Accident and Emergency Care – Life threatening – Call 111
Otherwise we prefer you to phone 07 866 5911 day or night for triage.
General Medical Services
Appointments are essential, please call the surgery to arrange an appropriate appointment to fit your health needs.
- Asthma reviews – yearly reviews are advised to optimise your treatment outcomes
- Blood pressure, height and weight checks – free kiosk in waiting room
- Cardiovascular assessments
- Women’s health – including Cervical screening – we encourage our female clients to have a routine cervical screening from age 20 -70 years of age
- Diabetic reviews – we recommend our diabetic patients take the opportunity of a FREE annual review
- Drug testing
- Family planning
- Family medicine
- B4school checks – FREE health check for pre-school children/Tamariki who are turning 4 years old
- Medicals – diving, driving, insurance and pre-employment medicals
- Men’s health – we suggest all men have a health check annually from the age of 45 years
- Palliative care
- Sexual health – note free for under 25 years
- Skin checks and skin lesion removals – including melanoma checks
- Smoking cessation – for advice, tips and tricks on how to quit smoking as well as prescribed medications
- Travel medicals, safety advice and most vaccinations
- Weight loss – promoting healthy eating
- The flu vaccination is FREE for people who are most at risk. Almost everyone can benefit from protection, especially if you or any family member is:
- Pregnant (any trimester)
- Aged 65 years and older
- Living with an ongoing health condition (like asthma, diabetes, cancer, a heart or lung condition)
- Aged 4 years or under (who have been hospitalised for respiratory illness or have a history of significant respiratory illness).
Manage My Health
- Available to patients 16 years plus. Ask our team how to join our ManageMyHealth online portal to make appointments, view your medical records, request prescriptions and email your doctor.
- Physiotherapy – Robert Lindsay and Crystal Vause (two days per week) Phone: 078689579
- Ophthalmologist – Chris Murphy (every second Wednesday) Phone 078665911
- Orthopaedic Surgeon – Ian Galley (every three months) Phone 075431850
- Diabetic Educator – Stacey Dunlop (monthly clinics)
- Clinico – Denture Care (every Thursday) Phone 021784302
- Clinical Pharmacist – Corina Young Phone 078665911